Terms & Conditions1. The “Win a Pair of Tickets to Top Gear Live” promotion (“Promotion”) is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except any employees (and their families) of eBay Europe S.à r.l., any affiliates, subsidiary companies ("eBay"), any representatives or agents of those companies, WSR drivers and their families and anyone else who may be professionally involved with the Promotion. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01, 21.08.12 and finishes at 11:59:59, 25.09.12 BST (“Promotional Period”)
2. To enter the Promotion: To qualify for entry, entrants must do the following on http://www.ebaymotorsbtcc.co.uk/competition (“the site”) during the Promotional Period:
I. answer a multiple choice question;
II. enter their name, e-mail and telephone number; and
III. submit their entry.
3. One entry per person. Each entry with the correct answer to the multiple choice question will constitute an “Eligible Entry” (two or more are referred to as “Eligible Entries”) and will automatically be entered into the Promotion. No purchase necessary.
4. eBay reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
5. To win the prize: The winner will be the first name selected by our systems at random from all the Eligible Entries received by eBay during the Promotional Period.
6. “the prize” is one pair of platinum tickets to Top Gear Live on Saturday 27th October (evening session), in the NEC Arena in Birmingham. This includes premium seats in the Live Action Arena, access to the Top Gear Live paddock, exclusive access to the Platinum Lounge, access to the exhibition and the Top Gear book. All other related costs, including, without limitation, taxes, cost of travel, food and drink, are the winner’s responsibility.
There is no cash alternative and it is not transferable. Please note that the prize takes place at Birmingham NEC and travel to and from Birmingham is not included in the prize.
7. The winner will be notified by telephone or email, at the telephone number or email address provided to eBay at the time of entry, within 7 days following the end of the Promotional Period.
8. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that the contact details provided at the time of entry are accurate and up to date. If eBay or its authorised agents are not able to contact the winner by midnight 7 days after the first attempted notification, eBay reserves the right to select an alternative winner and the original winner’s entitlement will lapse.
9. The name of the winner and their county will be available from 25th September. To receive this information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Winner details request’.
10. The adjudicator’s decision is final in all cases and no communication will be entered into.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner irrevocably grants eBay permission to use his or her name, biographical data, picture and other collected information for advertising, promotional or publicity purposes.
12. The winner is required to comply with all rules and restrictions put in place by the event organiser.
13. If eBay has suspicions or knowledge that any entrant has been involved in any fraudulent or illegal activity, eBay reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and any related entrants. eBay may also disqualify any entrant that does not act in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and/or eBay's User Agreement and policies that eBay may communicate to you
14. In the event of circumstances arising, which in eBay's opinion make it necessary to suspend, change or cancel the Promotion, eBay reserves the right to suspend, change or cancel the Promotion at any time. This includes the ability to substitute a prize, which is, in eBay’s reasonable opinion, of equivalent value, change the specification of the prize if circumstances require it or change the entry procedures from an online form to an email format.
15. The law of England and Wales governs the Promotion. By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
16. eBay shall not be liable, in contract or tort (including negligence) or the breach of statutory duty or in any other way, for the loss or damage howsoever arising suffered by the entrant resulting directly or indirectly from entry to this Promotion. Nothing in these terms shall limit eBay's liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
17. eBay does not accept, and is not responsible for, any lost or delayed entries. eBay reminds entrants of the nature and limitations of the Internet and is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software that may affect entry to the Promotion.
18. Although eBay will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all information relating to the Promotion ("Promotional Material") is accurate, eBay is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any communications network, online system or computer hardware or software failure that may affect eBay's operation of the Promotion or the site, including without limitation the accuracy of any Promotional Material.
20. eBay Europe S.à r.l. is the organiser of the Promotion. It may carry out this organisation through its local subsidiaries.